Who says millennials don’t cook? Maybe you’ve heard that we don’t but the truth is, most millennials wants to cook more than they do but sometimes there are reasons they can’t or that it’s just not practical to do so. Sometimes time gets in the way and sometimes it’s living conditions that make it more difficult to cook regularly. This is why more millennials are seeking creative ways to cook. Technology that is available today also means it’s easier than ever before to get information, including recipes.
An article in Think with Google talks about this very topic:
“We see through secondary research that millennials are cooking more,” says Anna Conroy, planning director for mcgarrybowen. “It isn’t a chore as much as an ability to create an experience.”
They also give us a fun and useful statistic: 59% of 25- to 34-year-olds head to the kitchen with either their smartphones or tablets.
Family cookbooks are a great place to find delicious recipes but it’s certainly not your only option anymore. The Internet is filled with all types of recipes that will make cooking fun and interesting. While you can find many sites offering recipes, some are more popular than others because they offer more variety for you to choose from. So let’s take a look at some of the best places you can find great recipes online.
Here are five great places to find recipes online:
- Epicurious – This is one of the oldest sites online to find recipes and it’s still rated as one of the best. This site publishes all types of recipes to suit even the pickiest eaters and new ones are added every month. You can even read the reviews other users leave to see if they liked certain recipes you haven’t tried yet.
- Pinterest – This site is also filled with all types of recipes for you try. As you go through the site you’ll see photos of different foods on the pinboards. When you see something you like, simply click on the link to view a list of all the ingredients you’ll need and instructions for preparing the meal.
- AllRecipes – You have two ways to search for recipes on this site. You can search through the different categories to look for anything you would like to try or you can use the search box. One thing that makes this site so popular is that you can find recipes to make delicious meals for people with food allergies. After becoming a member, you can post your own recipes and receive a newsletter filled with information you can really use.
- Skinnytaste – This is an excellent site for anyone searching for healthy meals that are nutritious and dishes that will help them maintain a healthy weight. There are many recipes available that your family is sure to love. The site is very easy to maneuver through, so finding tasty recipes is a breeze.
- Food Network – The food network started out as a popular TV show that invited chefs to present their amazing recipes for the world to see. They have extended their show to the Internet to make it easy for anyone to try them and there are a wide variety of recipes available for you to try. It’s one of the top recipe sites online today.
These are just a few of the many sites online where you can find great recipes for your family. It’s a great way for new cooks to learn how to make tasty meals and for experienced cooks to broaden their menu.
Do you cook with your smartphone?
What are your favorite places to get recipes? Let us know in the comments.