Millions of people across the globe use essential oils to promote a healthy lifestyle. These oils are filled with compounds, also known as phytochemicals, which gives the oils their distinctive aromas and healing properties. Most people who use essential oils to promote good health do so because they believe them to be a more natural, healthier alternative to both prescription and over-the-counter medications. If this is all new to you, then read on to learn the basics of how essential oils can help support your overall health.
~This post contains some affiliate links, and I will receive commission for your purchase.~
According to users, here are five ways essential oils can support your health:
- To promote sleep and help you rest more peacefully. Do you suffer from some form of insomnia or have night terrors due to emotional trauma you’ve suffered? Both problems can prevent you from falling asleep easily or cause you to wake up during the night resulting in fatigue and a variety of other problems. Essential oils may help you relax so you can fall asleep faster and rest peacefully throughout the night.
- To support a healthy immune system. A strong and healthy immune system will fight off many illnesses such as the common cold and the flu. It also helps your body heal faster when you do get sick. Certain essential oils may help to boost the immune system and make it stronger so your body can protect and heal itself better.
- To relieve symptoms of depression, stress and anxiety. We live in a stressful world where many people suffer from some form of anxiety or depression. Many users agree that certain aromas create a relaxing environment that enables you to feel calm while giving you a more a positive outlook on life. As a result, they help to reduce symptoms associated with stress, anxiety and depression.
- To promote a healthy digestive system. Digestive problems can make you feel tired, bloated and downright miserable. Some common problems include nausea, constipation, diarrhea, gas and indigestion. Essential oils are used to ease or help prevent these problems along with many other conditions associated with the digestive system.
- Aromatherapy is used to relieve physical pain and discomfort. Essential oils may help relieve a wide variety of pain such as headaches, back pain, muscle aches and joint pain caused by injuries or medical conditions.
Some of the most popular essential oils used to support your health include lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, Peace and Calming, chamomile, thieves, frankincense, marjoram, orange, Lemon Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, and Tea Tree Essential Oil. Use them separately or combine two or three oils together to create a recipe that caters to your individual needs.
Essential oils are extremely potent and should be used with caution. Some medications and oils do not mix well together. If you’re currently taking medications, consult your physician or aromatherapist before using essential oils to minimize your risks of having a bad reaction. Essential oils should not replace regular care from your doctor, but many people find they help with the symptoms above.