Seriously the WORST customer service ever!
I never make posts like this, but this one is more than deserving.
After months of shoddy service, I paid to have a technician come in to sort out why my internet is so slow and having connection issues. He upgraded my equipment and tested things outside, discovering the line to my house was like 14 years old. He replaced it with a temp line, told me someone would come out to bury it soon, and that it would be no inconvenience to me.
Problem finally resolved?
Not quite. The line stayed on my lawn for weeks, even through 2 snows. My kids tripped over it trying to get in the car… finally they came out to bury the line today. I saw the truck outside and felt relieved it would be over.
Except they cut ALL my cable service when they did it, and then drove away. I called to get the run-around, customer service who had no idea what I’m talking about, even one who said there was no record of them being at my house today burying the line. I got hung up on/disconnected TWICE, and I waited a total of 48 minutes on hold between two calls, only to be told they can’t send a technician back out until Thursday.
So I am supposed to go without internet for my business for two days because your employees came out and broke my service and drove away?
I am well aware of how your service orders work and that once one is complete, contractors must move on to the next, but this is extenuating circumstances. My kids can’t do their homeschool/schoolwork, we can’t make phone calls, and I can’t run my business and the best you’ve got is “Sorry for the inconvenience, ma’am.”
Sorry doesn’t cut it. You don’t treat people this way. And I pay you nearly $200 a month. I guarantee if I was late on my bill you wouldn’t hesitate to shut me off, but this is the customer service you offer?
I’m looking for a new cable provider as we speak. My clients can’t depend on me if I can’t depend on you.
UPDATE: They finally sent someone the next day, who said they used a bad connector. He changed it and it seemed to work fine. Then he left, also leaving the cover off the box. Later that evening, it stopped working again. By Saturday, the internet was out completely and would not come back. They couldn’t send someone to fix it until TUESDAY!
At this point, I was one full week without internet when I run a business from the internet.
UPDATE 2: The technician who came on Tuesday actually spent time at the house, checked the connectors, checked things inside and outside. He saw that I had splitters going to nowhere so he corrected that, and he spent a great deal of time testing everything. Our internet works better than it has in two years. I would end the story here and say that despite delays, it did eventually get fixed.
Except for one thing: I am still being charged $80 on my bill for “moving equipment”, yet no equipment was moved. The problem was determined to be Optimum’s fault (old equipment). So in addition to all the delays, extended outages, and inconveniences of their technicians not doing the job right, I also have to pay THEM an extra $80? I should be getting a discount on my service for having an entire month of shoddy service, one week with no service at all, and all the inconvenience of calling, complaining and waiting on technicians. But they’re charging me…
Worst experience with a utility provider in my entire life.
So, yes… I’m going to tell everyone I know. Stay away from this company if you can avoid it. If they don’t make this right, I’m switching as soon as I find someone else. I hear Verizon Fios is in my area now.
UPDATE 3: After publishing this and complaining on their Facebook page, I was given credit for the $80 charge. Initially, they tried to tell me I authorized the charge and after arguing and waiting for days, it was finally removed. Some weeks later, I was finally credited for the outages as well. However, it was a minimal amount, as it only counts full outages, from the looks of it, despite their being entire days where I couldn’t stay on. If they saw my modem as online at all that day, I guess they didn’t credit me. It’s not detailed very well. All I know is that my bill is around $137 instead of $157…. not a terribly large improvement, considering all they put me through and the loss of work I experienced.