Do you ever find yourself doing an activity and thinking to yourself that it’s a waste of time? Why the hell am I doing this? I should be doing something more productive. I could be making money or studying.
Yeah, we’ve all been there.
Many people feel that way occasionally. Time is very precious and there never seems to be enough of it. You don’t want to waste any of it doing things that are pointless. The problem is that sometimes it’s hard to determine what is wasting time and what’s not.
Here’s what I think about that: If you’re enjoying yourself, it’s not a waste of time.
If you’re not hurting anyone, it’s not a waste of time.
It’s your time and you get to decide how to spend it.
That said, we all like to feel like we’re being productive and if you want to add some things to your to-do list that you can feel damn good about checking off, let’s take a look at this list.
Here are 10 activities that are never a waste of time along with the reason why you should do them:
- Expanding your knowledge through reading or research. You’re never too old to learn something new.
- Visiting the elderly or someone who’s sick. These people get lonely and need someone to talk to just like everyone else. It may be a little time consuming but it’s always worth it.
- Spending time sitting and talking with loved ones is never a waste a time. In fact, it’s something you should probably find more time to do.
- Going on a nature hike. It’s great exercise for the body and mentally refreshing. It helps you disconnect from your busy life for a little while.
- Meditating to clear your mind relieves stress and helps to prepare you for new adventures and daily challenges.
- Being kind to a stranger or someone in need. Everyone can use a smile or kind word to brighten their day.
- Planning out your day. When you plan your day in advance it helps to ensure you take care of everything you need to do and it can even save you time.
- Spending time socializing with friends. It helps to make your life more fun and interesting to be with other people once in awhile.
- Volunteering your time to help your community. It’s something you can be proud of and you’re setting a good example for your kids.
- Doing something for yourself. You deserve to be pampered once in awhile, too so doing something for yourself is never a waste a time.
The next time you feel like you’re wasting time, think about what you’re doing. Ask yourself if anyone (including yourself) is benefiting from the activity. If so, then it’s certainly not a waste of time. Live on, my friend!
Leave a Reply