This summer is hot and it’s the perfect time of year for cooling off with a nice treat. Ice cream and other sweet treats go hand in hand in summertime for kids. Think back to your own childhood: do you have any fond memories of enjoying sweet cold treats in the summer? When you want to do a little something more than just pulling an ice cream out of a package, you need to check out these recipes. Most are very simple to do and require no special skills in the kitchen, but they’ll make you look like a dessert pro!
Check out this great list of 17 summer treats:
1. Smores Ice Cream Recipe – Who doesn’t love smores? Now you can try ice cream smores!
2. Double Chocolate Oreo Milkshake – I can think of at least one of my children who will LOVE this one!
3. Rainbow Pudding Pops – This is a fun idea and they look amazing! Would be good for parties, too.
4. Frozen Yogurt Dots – A yummy, simple snack you can even take with you to the park or wherever you go.
5. Italian Soda – Delicious! A classic that your kids are sure to love as well.
6. Summer Sorbet Treat – Here’s another classic that tastes great and will cool you down on a hot day.
7. Mango Lassi Popsicles – Who doesn’t love popsicles?
8. No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats – Loving the ‘no bake’ aspect of this one.
9. Smores Pudding Pops – Mmm, pudding pops AND smores in one!
10. Raspberry Lemonade Popsicles – When you don’t have time to drink your lemonade, enjoy a cooling pop!
11. Strawberry Cupcakes – These would be fantastic for a party, too.
12. Airhead Popsicles – Great idea for anyone who loves Airheads!
13. Frozen Banana Pops – A delicious treat that’s also good for you.
14. Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats – These are not your ordinary Rice Krispie treats!
15. Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches – Another play on the ice cream sandwich. Love this one!
16. Rainbow Popsicles – These are adorable and tasty! Kids of all ages (and adults) will love them.
17. Animal Cookies And Sprinkles Ice Cream – Mmm, animal cookies and ice cream. This is a great idea!
At each link, you’re going to find directions for making this delicious sweet treat yourself at home. You can let your kids join in the fun, or surprise them after they’ve been out playing or enjoying the pool. These recipes are awesome even if you don’t have kids. You’ll enjoy making them for yourself and you can experience feeling like a kid again as you enjoy some ice cream, cool pops, or other goodies outside in the warm summer sun!
Do you have a favorite summer cool treat?